Monday 11 February 2008

Rat-ta-ta-ta...

The lunar year crept upon me while i lay bed-ridden for 2 days, sick with a lethal strain of flu from Indonesia, and a mild diarrhoea.

I may have missed my last reunion dinner as singleton, but the trip back to indonesia was definitely fruitful. My future-in-laws (FIL) paid a last minute visit to my mom and everything went well... My mom is happy with her new friends and the generous gifts from them. In fact, my mom even joked about how she can't refuse the marraige anymore since the goodies have all been eaten up... =)

Currently i'm in singapore, feeling the full effects of rising inflation. Everywhere i turn i see "warning" signs... "With effect from Jan 1 2008, 1 plate of chicken rice will cost $4".

Taxis now jump 20 cents every 330 meters, i think this will overtime contribute to another nationwide phenomenon called Weight Loss. No need the great singapore workout, just increase the price of cab fares by exhorbitant amounts. I finally understand how the japanese stay so slim despite a diet of katsu curry, Tempura, japanese mayo and tonnes of carbo, u freaking walk everywhere cos a cab ride costs u a fortune.

Anyway...despite the rising cost of living, there's still reason to rejoice cos i'm counting down to 18 Feb. 1 more week before i say I DO. Still everything is behind time, i don't think i have done things right. Did i file my registration, am i supposed to call the JP, have i got the guest list sorted, have i done this and that.... The ROM website has a list of FAQs and Things to do if u screw up.

For eg.
WHAT if i forgot to bring important documents?
Ans: Keep cool and calm. If solemnization can be delayed pls inform Justice of Peace..
WHAT if the solemnizer fail to turn up?
Ans: Keep cool and calm. Go to website...

I felt kinda ticklish after reading this. By the time i unleash my bridezilla, no amount of Keep Cool and calm can hold me down.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good to know the meet the parents session went well....I might be able to attend you wedding....checking the tics now..cross fingers..yes, i am self-inviting myself again...hope you dun mind..:)))..u can say no....:)