Monday 28 January 2008

Anthropology of Mr O



Specimen: Shanghainese Male
Age: Late twenties (but looks 40)
Weight: Heavy, resembles O
Hobby: Sleep

When i first came to this office 10 months ago, Mr O left a very deep impression on me. He delighted me with melodic snores every afternoon, and never fail to entertain me with his weird antics. As much as possible, i will try to chronicle his every action.
In the picture above, he was sleeping WAY past lunch time, and lying backwards so u can imagine how loud the snore is. He also sleeps while waiting for the fax to get through (meaning while standing), or sometimes while his hand is still navigating on the mouse.
You may wonder why my company retains someone like him. Truth is, everybody sleeps during lunch, of course none as "soundly" as him. He is very well liked by other colleagues despite his sometimes uncouth behaviour. And also in china, being uncouth is like... wearing fur in winter, it's not right but its acceptable.
To Mr O: if u ever read this blog, pls don't be offended. I find u interesting and u brighten up my otherwise boring work life.

No comments: