Wednesday 17 December 2008

Missing mommy's food...

My mom is not the housewifey type. She's a career woman, she brings home the dough. She never asked me to do my homework, she never really cared if i got an A or an F. In fact, she used to ask me to ponteng school to go shopping with her.

But ever since she went into semi-retirement, she became a little more domesticated. She discovered a hidden talent... She whips up a storm in the kitchen. I hope she passed on some of her creative culinary skills to me.

This is very simple fried egg with spring onion...but somehow it looks damn delicious!



"sayur asem". Tom Yum of Indonesia...


SAMBEL terasi... (sambal belachan). It's so yummy my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree you know... Mom's cooking is verrry yummy.. She should have opened a catering business. She is also good in dividing the food in small lunch boxes, up to the detail of garnishes, chili, etc.

Unknown said...

Btw, I thought the first one was martabak telor.

lovexiaolongbao said...

jie, sometimes hobbies shd not be tainted with the stress of business. it shd remain fun. somemore mom is the stress type.

Jo said...

omg! I love sayur asem!

Guess what? I'm from Indonesia tooooo... :)