Monday 8 February 2010

Ahya, You dunno la

Remember the year when brit rock ruled? Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Suede all came out at almost the same time. The younger me was happily bopping to 98.7 fm and i 'wooed' when "What's the story morning glory" came on the radio. My brother who is 7 yrs older asked me wht the deal was with the whiney buggers. I was like, ' ahya, you dunno la!".

Then i turned 18, my mother asked me why i had 10 different coloured hairclips pinned to my short crop hair. My answer was straight and simple, "ahya, you dunno la".

"Ahya, you dunno la" was my favourite angsty youth catch phrase. My badge of honour for being young and appreciative of wht's in and hawt (see, paris taught me new spelling).

However, i always knew that one day age will catch up . At some point in the near future i will fail to reinvent myself and resent the way things have become. I will hold on to my youth the same way my mother only listens to Teresa Teng songs.

I didn't know the day would come so soon. So pls pardon me if you're a teenager reading this and u think "ahya, you dunno la" cos nobody "ahya, you dunno la" me you understand?

You know whts worse than chinese new year carols?

It goes something like this:
过新年,umps umps umps 过新年, umps umps 咚咚唱, diu diu diu diu. (a rendition of techno infused chinese new yr carol i heard earlier at the shopping mall).

What the #*%&...