Friday 13 August 2010

Sometimes silence speaks more than words

I used to be one who always want the last say. Make my stand known, bring my point across, argue down to the last minute detail just to prove that i'm right, was always right, and will always be right. Ironically winning the argument doesn't mean you win the situation. In the process i'd get angry, i'd fume, i make others angry, nobody really wins.

Mountain man has taught me a whole lot about conflict resolution. Sometimes keeping quiet says more than actually saying anything. When others expect you to lash out them, there's nothing more deafening than silence. And not saying anything prevents further "mistakes" or hurtful comments, it also gives all parties a chance to get away from the line of fire.

I have made enough people angry in my lifetime, likewise others have made me combust to tears, so now i'm gonna stick to my new method.


No comments: