Monday 18 July 2011

Project Fatten Mountain Boy commences!

I am sick and tired of people telling me that my boy is skinny. I get questions like...does he eat well? He doesn't drink enough milk? He doesn't sleep? Some parents even automatically assume that i cook unappetizing meals so my son doesn't like to eat. Well, thanks for the advice and accusations, but no thanks.

He drinks milk. He eats a healthy amount. And he sleeps just fine. PDs tell me that kids at his age tend to be very active and weight gain is usually slow (1-1.5kg in one year is normal). You may find it hard to believe, but i was a slim kid too until i was force-fed by my maid when i was 7 because people thought i was "too skinny". Anyhows that's another story altogether.

Make no mistake, I am concerned about his weight gain too. Every parent will want their kids to be a wee bit fatter, a lot taller, healthier etc etc. There is nothing i would not try to make him grow.

So i'm embarking on a new project. Fatten Mountain Boy. I want to feed him all the fattening stuff and see if he can put on more weight. Don't say i didn't try...

First up.

Very fattening 2-cheese pizza with whole-wheat flour base. Made everything from scratch, even the damn dough.


Verdict:
He wolfed down 4 slices of a 10-inch pan at one go for his afternoon snack!

Now where's that weighing scale!

1 comment:

The ET Family said...

It normal for kids to not gain too much weight at this age. Ethan now reduce his appetite too. He is also getting slimmer and slimmer. He does not eat as much now. It a phase they go through. They are eating just enough to keep them going. If they are hungry they will come looking for u.