Friday 22 June 2012

What I've been up to

I've not been blogging extensively these days except for the occasional uploads from my iPhone. I have 2 kids, the connection is slow, and i've been too busy baking.

All of that and...

At the beginning of May, I took an instructor course for P.E.T (Parent Effectiveness Training) which lasted till early June. In order for my instructor certification to be complete, i needed to conduct my first course and i've wasted no time at doing that. So right after the instructor course i organized my first set of participants (thanks to supportive friends) and it's currently ongoing. So yes. I've been so bloody busy.

The instructor course came about because i was at my wits' end with Mountain Boy. Remember the incident where i slapped him? Even though I told myself that it was ok, i knew it really wasn't. Then i came across an email from my P.E.T instructor saying she was conducting a follow-up session on bullying. I attended the thinking that i'd get nods for administering corporal punishment given that my circumstance was "unusual". But NO...  (Hitting story to be continued)

Then i was informed that the instructor training was happening so i decided to just do it.  It's not like i have aim in my life. During the course, my conviction of the method grew along with a deeper understanding of the principles behind it. I was also driven to do my own research on child development and i've been reading a lot of enriching books that i can't wait to share.

It's been a transformational 2 months. Mountain Boy is no longer hitting Lilybuff, and i did it without anyone getting hurt. In fact, Mountain Boy has been the sweetest big brother! I will share my method in the next post.


No comments: