Wednesday 13 August 2008

Son of Rambow

Rambow as in Rambo with an english accent.



Quick Synopsis:
Will Proudfoot is a boy with the widlest of all imaginations. He never watched a glimpse of TV in his entire life due to his religion (Plymouth Brethren Family). One day he meets Lee Carter, a neglected super rich juvenile who has a dream of making a movie. On that very same day, Will Proudfoot saw his first movie--- RAMBO.

Set in the 80s, expect to hear familiar tunes from The Cure, Duran Duran, and Depeche Mode.

Son of Rambow brings back memories of innocense (innocence? spellcheck gave me a thumbsdown). I used to role-play for hours and hours, i was mostly 小龙女 from The Return of the Condor Heroes. I escaped from boredom, homework, and whatever problems i had by locking myself in a room and fighting off imaginary villians with my agile kungfu and 1 dollar neon orange sword. It was all i had and all i could do.

Relive that. It's worth it.

No comments: