Tuesday 29 June 2010

Shiloh wants to be a boy



In Angie's latest interview with the Vanity Fair, she revealed that Shiloh is very tomboy. "She likes to dress like a boy. She wants to be a boy. So we had to cut her hair. She likes to wear boys' everything. She thinks she's one of the brothers."
I get it, confusion happens.

This is going to be mega embarrassing, but I didn't know that i was a girl till much later. I guess my mother never bothered getting the facts right at the beginning. I always thought i could choose. I weighed the pros and cons everyday.

Boy: Get to play rowdy rough.
Girl: Get to wear skirts and dresses.
Boy: Can pee standing. A real plus point!
Girl: Long hair is pretty.

What a tough decision!

I can't quite remember the details now, but i know i consciously chose to be a girl and told my dad of the decision and he was like, "Hello, you ARE a girl." I think i felt mad that no one told me earlier.

Once i stopped being confused about my sex and sexuality, the others became confused. I grew up with an aunt who refused to let me grow out my hair. And then my sister wanted me to have short hair so that i could look like Zoe Tay, something like the picture below but of course i did not look half as good (Jie if u are reading you should feel very guilty!). So i had shiloh hair all the way till i was quite old, maybe 12ish?

Puberty came quite early for me, i had to get one of those triumph mini-sets to accommodate my new *ahem* figure. So i walked into an underwear shop and this lady told me straight up that she didn't sell boys' briefs. By then i was old enough to protest so i shouted at the top of my lungs that I AM NOT A BOY.

So yes, i've had really humble beginnings.

8 comments:

Jen said...

U know when i was around 16 yrs old, i went to interview at Flyers (maybe u wouldnt know, diff generation), i was told by the security guard that they are not hiring male staff...zzzzz...and i didnt have a *ahem* figure to make it better...zzzz...

Daphne said...

Well let bygones be bygones cos' you're BOOMZ now!

lovexiaolongbao said...

Jen> hahaha! ur story made me laugh. What was their reaction when u said u're a girl??

Daph> Aww... thank you. I try not to rake up the past too much. It's too painful.

judebabe said...

Hee! I remember that zoe tay hairstyle.
I had that too... and its still on my IC now! :p
Then, the Zoe Tay hairstyle isn't as chic as what she has now.
It was more voluminous and more like a mushroom.

Unknown said...

Did I? I don't remember at all... But most importantly you look gorgeous now :)

lovexiaolongbao said...

judebabe> you know what i'm talking about right... that zoe tay hair tht was post bobo i think.

Jie> you definitely lobbied for me to cut my hair, don't deny it hmph!

Ada.Ada.Aja said...

wkwkwkwkwkwkwkwkwk... ella, you remember the neighbour telling her grandchild to greet you "korkor" when you were young? i think you were so upset then lols...

and i saw karate kid recently in the theatres and oh man, i remember you and your karate kid pose at the butterfly ave house, that ended with you being on your rear end on the ground... cos you din manage to get the other feet down in time lols... oh ella ella.. i still find it very funny when i think about it xD

Ada.Ada.Aja said...

oh i also had that silly "demi moore" haircut and i looked like a dog! classmates said i looked good but hello, i think i look.. i dunno. just plain strange :P