Thursday 2 February 2012

Lily Inspired: Daddy's Girl

You are my muse. Because of you, I've decided i'm going to start a new "label" on the blog called Lily Inspired where i'll capture all the advice a mother can give to her baby daughter. 

I think it'll be fun. Right now you're kind of like a tortilla wrap who smiles back but can't talk yet (that's what 2.5 months old babies do fyi), so this will be like me time traveling to the future and talking to you like a friend. Sounds good right? yay!

Okay where do i begin. 

Your dad... He is the sweetest to you. He has been telling everyone that your brother can go sow the wild oats when he grows older but he wants to put a chastity belt on you. Very protective he is. I don't know if he notices but when he plays with you he puts on this gentle smile like you're this piece of eggshell he is afraid to drop, with the older brother he's like growl here and growl there, tickle and throw in the air type of thing. I think he is apprehensive about having you, in a good way. 

I once read that a daughter's relationship with her father will determine the kind of husband she finds. The closer she is to her dad, the greater her expectations of her husband. I guess it's quite similar to the notion that men tend to find wives who embody qualities of their mothers. 

Anyway, i can't wait to start this journey with you. Already you are melting my heart all the time. 

No comments: