Sunday 18 April 2010

Disco anyone?

The three of us along with some friends decided to attend the inaugural Baby Disco at Club Le Zazou this afternoon. Imagine going to a tea dance with ur tots in tow. Sounds nuts but it was completely wholesome, pukes were mostly milk induced, not alcohol. And the only thing that made us high was the bubble machine. Whoever came up with the great idea of giving parents the opportunity to go "clubbing" with their kids is a genius.

This brings me back to one of my favourite stories. When i was around 18, i asked my mom if i could go clubbing with my friends. Not that i never been before that but i wanted to make it official that i was then "old enough" to go out and come home at 4am smelling like pub toilet. So one fine evening, my mother called and in the background i heard loud thumping music, " ELLA I AM AT cheenoys cheenoys (i think she meant CHINOIS CHINOIS) WITH YOUR UNCLE, YOU WANNA COME?? " I was dumbfounded, lost for words. NO. FUDGING. WAY. It would have been social suicide.

Anyway, i now know what was going through my mother's head . It's actually makes u kinda cool to go clubbing with ur kids.

Here's some nice pictures from today, Mountain boy enjoyed himself tremendously. Rocking to "Beat It".

"Shhh, I won't tell mommy u gave me a sip."

Now let me go nurse my hangover. Good night!

7 comments:

Gingerblossom said...

cute. Love your new page design too:)

Fern Green said...

omg what a cool idea!! love baby D's rockin hairstyle as well as his cool shoes hehe! u 2 look rockin as well :)

Little Miss Snooze said...

This is really cool!

We should organise this for mummies, ala what JC kids do these days for their own private parties, and earn some $$!

Pebbles said...

so cool! Nice blog layout!

judebabe said...

Soooo Cooool!

I could probably bring Amanda to the disco here too... but they are definitely not baby friendly.

lovexiaolongbao said...

Gingerblossom> thank you. Mountain man says it's "guniang".

fern> Dylan always gets compliments about his hair from strangers. hehe.... anyway the shoes are really good, soft and doesn't drop off. Next time i will buy for baby sagaram.

lilsnooze> hey i was just thinking the same. i think the start up cost is sooo low!! and it's great in SG cos the clubs are non-smoking now! U should u should, count me in i will invest!!


pebbles> thank you! I love it too.


Judebabe> next time if there's another bb disco, i let u know in advance u fly here la!

Daphne said...

One word - HAPPENING!!!

agree with lil'snooze - we absolutely should have such gatherings for mommies too.

Great new layout too, Stella.