Wednesday 21 April 2010

Stockings

I've declared my passion for shopping time and again. If Moutain Man will let me, I may die with no money but a closet full of clothes, shoes and a bunch of useless things.

Speaking of which...I recently purchased on taobao (the china amazon) a pair of slimming stockings called "胖胖腿bye bye", for the non-chinese readers it means "goodbye chubby thighs". Apparently upon wearing the thighs will reduce by 3cm! see picture...

WOAH.... that was my reaction. I had to try. I still have about 3-4kg to shed after pregnancy so i do need a little help. The moment i hit "pay", the seller sent me a message asking me to view a video on tudou which will illustrate step by step instructions on how to wear the stockings. Naturally i ignored it because i figured, how hard can it be right??!

2 days later, the stockings arrived. I happily tried them on in front of Mountain Man but OMG, they couldn't even get pass my ANKLES! Hmmm.... Time to review the instructions, i can't be that fat.

Turns out that the video is 5 minutes long, and that is how much time it takes to put the dang stockings on. U can watch it if u're that free. For a good half hour I was on my back with my hips lifted towards the ceiling squeeeezing my butt into it. But fail... boohoo.

Upon giving up, i told the seller that i wanted to return the stockings. Not surprisingly, stockings cannot be returned due to hygiene purposes. She told me to do the following that MAY HELP- freeze the stocking for 2 days, take out and soak in vinegar water at 30 degrees temperature, wash with warm water and dry for another 2 days. She is obviously childless.

Looks like i have one more pair of stockings to bring to my deathbed. And oh yeah, a pair of chubby thighs too.

5 comments:

judebabe said...

3-4 kg to pre-pregnancy!!!

Gosh!!!
Have u been watching what you eat? or did they just melt off? hee!

I m hoping that I will start losing some weight now that I stopped Bf-ing.
And get more active now that the weather is warming up!

I have been mad shopping on taobao too! buying loads of stuff but mostly useless stuff too! haha!

QooFamily Blog said...

so diff to wear? i almost bought something like that too!! anyway, i just bought a RMB40 black stockings, supposed to make my legs look slim too....hmmm..

Ada.Ada.Aja said...

hmmmmmm........... no wonder these stockings help you shrink the thighs by 3cm.. the sheer exercise to get these things on our legs is enough to burn many calories!!!

Ada.Ada.Aja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daphne said...

haha, you can ship it to me, take some thunder out of those thighs if you know what i mean.

Maybe it causes thighs to slim down by cutting off nutrients as a result of the tightness?