Saturday 11 September 2010

1st Yr: Preparations!

The birthday post is WAY too long so i have to split it up.

About 2 weeks ago, we began intensive planning of Mountain Boy's first birthday party. The concept, decor, invite, party favours, games to entertain the little ones, the bigger ones and the adult ones.

Mountain Man and I have one key hygiene factor to meet when it comes to planning parties... if all else fails, the food must at least be good so the guests won't go home unsatiated. So we chose Nyonya Kitchen, a restaurant quite far from our home but serves very decent Singaporean/Malaysian food.

Here's the invite we sent out to our guests.


Games:
Given that the celebration was held at a rustic singaporean restaurant, we thought it would be fun to prepare some traditional games for our guests. I made the zero point and 5 stones, and bought a couple of "chateks" and marbles. The kids were easier, long twisty animal balloons and a bubble gun should do the job.


Birthday cakes: Technically i didn't prepare this, my friend did. I only bought the candles. She was so sweet to bake 2 birthday cakes, one for me and one for Mountain Boy- Lemon cake and Carrot Cake. I love love love her them.


Decor/Party favours: A friend recommended a company that prints stickers and banners so this was easy. But you know these black paper bags? I accidentally bought 200 of them even though i only wanted 20. I'll have to use the same bags for the next 10 yrs!


Well quite a lot of work went into today's event. I think we've also pretty much used up our budget for his second and third birthday!

Anyway stay tuned for more party photos.

1 comment:

Corsage@A Dollop Of Me said...

Happy Birthday Dylan! Looks like a lovely lovely party. Mummy did a great job I must say :) And oh, I love Dylan's jeans!!