Wednesday 1 September 2010

P.E.T

I signed myself up for a Parent Effectiveness Training course sometime ago. Like i said i know zilch about parenting so i could really use some professional help. Last night was the first session and it was PRetty interesting.

I've always thought that it's important for parents to maintain a united front when it comes to conflict management. But i learnt that it's not always true. Children can feel dissent between parents and instead of putting up a false united front, it's ok to come clean to our children. We can say something like this... "Dear son, you know i don't disapprove of your actions, however it bothers your mother and her feelings are very important to me, so we must respect her."

So there, lesson number one.



2 comments:

Pebbles said...

Oh, now I know.. but I sorta assume 1 parent has gotta be the bad one!Hmm..

lovexiaolongbao said...

Pebbles> yeah take turns on that one. I'd hate to be the bad cop all the time.