Sunday 9 January 2011

Emily returns!


Ivan Heng returns as Emily of Emerald Hill. I saw this production almost 10 years ago and it was the most riveting theatrical performance i have ever watched in my entire life. It's a monologue but it doesn't feel like one. There were highs and lows and moments where tears welled up in my eyes. Not a single moment was i bored.

I've since hailed Ivan Heng as the Godfather of Singapore theatre scene since this performance and he never lets me down, but this was really the best. Go watch. Early Bird discount ends 12th Jan.

3 comments:

Pebbles said...

Woo hoo! I will be catching it.

heats68 said...

I loved this play too. I have a very distinct memory of the day. I went to watch it on September 10th 2001 with my friend Sara and her family. When it finished we went back to her place, and the NY Twin Towers had been crashed into. Needless to say, we never had a chance to discuss the play that day... I hope if we manage to catch it this time (doubtful unless I can get a babysitter!), it will be much different!

lovexiaolongbao said...

Pebbles: enjoy! I envy you.

Heather: no shit i was in the audience that night too. I remember the day so clearly! Got back to hostel feeling in awe and then someone announced the wtc crashed.