Saturday 8 January 2011

Fangtastic

My heads been buried in Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series for almost a week now. Of course i don't read as fast as i want to anymore because Mountain Boy keeps me plenty occupied.

Vampires are my favourite nocturnal fictional (or maybe not?) creatures. I say "creatures" but vampires are really underrated. They are powerful, passionate, beautifully pale and not to mention immortal. I do not think that the idea of living through the wars, natural disasters and having loved ones expire before me is appealing. But there's just something attractive about "creatures" who've survived that kind of darkness, even though not by choice.

I've not sunk(sank? sunken? damn my english) my teeth into the teen vampire shenanigans like Twilight and all that shite. But i'm enjoying True Blood (the HBO series). Having beautiful actors first of all drew me in. Alexander Skarsgard above all. Or should i say, Viking Eric Northman. For the record i wouldn't even notice Alexander Skarsgard if not for his role in True Blood. I completely missed him when i saw Generation Kill.


Male swooning session over. Back to the topic.

So yes. The books. I hate reading a book when i already know the ending, which explains why i never got out of the Shire with LOTR even though I'm into fantasy. So I'm glad the book is different from the series. Less breadth, more depth. And reading always beats watching because it's like fueling the imagination.

PS: This post was in my draft for quite a long time so i've kinda lost my train of thought. I'm such a terrible blogger these days.

No comments: