Wednesday 19 September 2007

BJ to SH airplane log

If you're reading this, it means that I've safely landed in Shanghai, survived through all the airport mess, reached home in one piece and plugged in my computer.

Im 'sure its all over the news, Shanghai is currently experiencing the fiercest typhoon in a decade (they call her Wipha). Yesterday, offices closed at 5pm, roads are closed, people living in the coastal areas have been evacuated… And I missed all the action because I had been sent to Beijing yesterday morning.

Right at this moment, I'm on a plane back to Shanghai, racing against time before Wipha hits Shanghai full force. I know when I land safely and reach home in about 2 hrs, I'll realize that I've over dramatized the stress I've been going through since yesterday afternoon. There's nothing like traveling long distances (from home to airport to hotel to airport to home) thinking about zilch except whether u can make it home, and the obstacles before that… It's already bad enough trying to flag down a cab when it rains, let alone a typhoon with thousands of people in exodus.

I'm wolfing down the pathetic airplane food for 2 reasons, I've been starving in Beijing cos I didn't have time for breakfast while rushing to the airport the moment I found out I had a small window to fly, and also in case of a LOST scenario, I don't want to be the first voted off the island just cos I don't eat airplane food.

Post landing:
I made it. The last 20 minutes of plane ride was bumpy but landing was smooth. Thank god.
Its about 750PM right now, no wind, no rain, no wipha in SH.
******************************************************

Letter to IRENA…
Medical support in china is bad even for the locals. They get put on drip even for the slightest flu cos they don’t believe in western medication like anti-biotics!! In JKT at least there is a clinic system…

Anyway, I’m so glad you enjoyed shanghai. I truly enjoyed your company, its always nice to have familiar faces come visit, especially one who knows the Tandjung family so well so there’s loads to talk about, AND someone who has a passion for good bargains as much as I do.

I bought more stuff from STAR place after u left. I found this gorgeous jeweled jacket that is so cheap, u have no idea how much premium we’ve been paying for branded clothes, or far east plaza clothes even. I hope u've been wearing ur new spoils, take pictures to show me!
I suggest u drop by Shanghai more often to visit this cousin of yours, so I can bring you to more shopping places, go eat nice things.

1 comment:

Ada.Ada.Aja said...

waahahahaha... ON ah!! everybody as witness ah... ella says she will take me shopping in shanghai, woohoo!! Anyway, I will be wearing at least one top by this weekend, and you bet the pic will be on my blog and friendster!

btw, i just finished blogging on Shanghai... must be my one most eventful biz trips ever!! whew... =)))

today somebody just offered me yet another biz trip to china, this time to dalian... but i am looking at my stories i've to write and i.. sigh. =_=