Sunday 9 September 2007

HRH, Her Royal Highness Princess Stella

When i left singapore, i thought i can kiss my prissy image goodbye and start anew with new friends who can see my "other" side. I always kinda saw myself as a tough person, i mean i'm a scuba-diver, i can endure dampness of my wetsuit for 12 hrs, ill weather, heavy gear, grime, salt water in hair... I don't wear make-up all the time, n i look like crap on weekends.


I always thought that my princess BullS was an act, to hide the depth of my personality(don't puke), its a way to make myself more approachable and friendly. There's no better way to make new girlfriends than to start a conversation about shopping and pampering. My friends here give me a nickname. HRH, princess stella, all in good fun i know, but deep within, i can't help but wonder if the pretence has become a reality, not only to others but to myself. It's scary....


I turn 26 today. There's no better time to reflect than now. What do i wanna be in the new coming year...And what do i not wanna be... I hate making resolutions, but sincerely, i want to be a better person outside and INSIDE, not just someone who can give u the best bargains and tell you what to wear next season.


Anyway, i had a great great birthday. My friends surpised me when they turned up at Mediterraneo for dinner. A very gorgeous place suited for Shanghai autumn weather.

Aileen n Daren gave me my first tiara... Royal looks good on me.

All of the attendees. Kimsoon came later.








Karin ordered some beautiful scallops with pineapple and cream sauce. Couldn't resist a picture...

And check out the candle!! SO HUGE!! and it sizzles like fireworks, beats all the other candles i've had in my lifetime.

After dinner, we adjourned to Glamour Bar, finally, after wanting to go for almost 5 months! Its bit of a disappointment cos its too crowded and full of old chinese women and male angmohs. But i'm glad at least we got it out of our system.

Thanks so much to those who called to wish. Love you all... =) And love you too bb... thanks for letting me be a real princess on my birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday (belated)!