Wednesday 19 September 2007

One Night in Beijing, 我留下需多情

I've been to Peking for business a few times now, and none of them were ever really fruitful from a leisure point of view. Yesterday, I managed to get out, admire abit of Beijing night scenery, and also do some shopping at the silk market.

Silk Market is like the cheap shopping place in Beijing, and its extremely orderly and clean, its about 4 stories high, selling everything from bags/shoes/clothes to ski attire and sunglasses.
(Silk market pictures…)

Actually only 20 minutes of shopping cos it was closing time. People here are rushing out of the silk market…

Beijing’s weather is about high tens to low twenties, so it was perfect. I decided to walk all the way back to the hotel, covering about what seemed like at least 4km. Just me, my camera, and my 3.5 inch heels.


Twins Mall. It’s like petronas, but only 20 floors high. Its where the Apple Beijing office is located.

This is one of my favourite sites in beijing. The main streets are lined with these lamp posts with speakers in them. I assume used to make announcements of the play the national anthem during flag raising or lowering ceremonies.


The picture is a little dark, but this is the Beijing Friendship Store. There are friendship stores all over China selling foreign goods, its apparently set up to establish external relations through import of foreign products. I’ve never been to the one in Shanghai yet, but I probably will soon.


Nice light installation. Beijing is much more scenic than shanghai at night….

Little motor cart… I’ve never sat in one before but lester has. The passenger sits behind facing the back. Its like bajai in Indonesia, or maybe some of you can identify with Fred Flinstone’s car better.





Walked pass a highway... it is a wonderful sight. The govt has launched new driving policy to stem the pollution problem, even number plates and odd number plates are alternate driving days... The air in BJ does seem much fresher now.





I think this trip has somehow made me love beijing a little more, not more than shanghai but i can see what's the deal with this place. Its got plenty of space, and that uniquely chinese charm that Shanghai doesn't have. Maybe someday we'll live there...

No comments: