Monday 19 November 2007

weekend! (ugh... actually i shdn't be so excited cos its monday now)

Weekend came and went... We did a bit of everything, explored the city together, spent some time apart - i went to meet my friends and he went to do his stuff, we also watched practically an entire season of The Office.


We went to the Bridges for brunch... Its actually two buldings joined together by a bridge, hence the name. SH is becoming seriously cold really early. Its about 9 to 12 degrees over the weekend. We are almost in full winter gear already.



1) El Cid Spanish Restaurant
It's so cold, obviously we opted for indoors. But would have been nice to hang here 3 weeks ago.


I look so cool. i love my AWAS beanie.



Each tapas is about 30-40 RMB, but the food is just so lovely.

Chicken Paella

Grilled Mushrooms with Vegetable Stew (this is my favourite dish i'm salivating thinking about it now...)



Spanish Omelette (i am bit disappointed with this, i've had better)


2) HEC

We also went to this Hotelware warehouse called HEC. It was quite an interesting trip. We saw things we never thought we could buy. Like those industrial wastebins, extra large woks etc.






Can even buy the chef suit... Lester is curious about the anatomy of a female mannequin.



Super huge ladel... Its a weapon. I look like i'm selling it... "you can use it to scoop up monkey's brains and it'll remain intact"

This is super cute. Corn Holders in the shape of a pig. So random! Its the type of thing i wanna buy when i see, but then i don't cos i figured owning this will not vastly improve my life, or make it easier.


Large Chopping boards... i imagine for butchers.




The rest of the time in-between was spend watching The Office, which by the way deserves all the golden globes or emmy's they've got. Steve Carrel isn't the only star of the show, Rainn Wilson-who plays the character Dwight Schrute is also incredibly talented. I started the show really hating him, but then slowly i realised tht i enjoy his segments the most. The Schrute has a fan, he'll be pleased.


Here are some memorable quotes...

Dwight: Whenever I'm about to do something, I think “would an idiot do that?” and if they would, I do not do that thing.

Dwight: Here’s my card. It's got my cell number, my pager number, my home number and my other pager number. I never take vacations, I never get sick and I don't celebrate any major holidays.

Dwight: I am fast. To give you a reference point I am somewhere between a snake and a mongoose…and a panther.

2 comments:

yAnn said...

i like your beanie!
If i wear it in singapore, i would look like i was going to rob a bank.

BTW, we are on the lookout for a wedding photographer and i really like gabriel mendes! can i ask (secretly) how are his charges like?

Anonymous said...

I'm in the mist of watch The Office Season 3 and it really cracks me up.

I laugh so hard at the episode where they pair up "Amazing Race" to make sales call.....the scene where Phyllis bring Karen to the beauty salon.

This morning I was watching "The Pepper Spray" episode. Dwight....brilliant!

Gabriel Mendes