Tuesday 17 June 2008

Mountain man to the rescue...

Sometime last week, i read a blog entry by Yann recounting how her fiance came to her aid when she had this nasty food poisoning. I felt very touched by the fiance's act of chivalry... I wondered if Les would have done the same if we weren't living together. I got my answer last night.
China is going through this season called the 黄梅时节, basically the monsoon equivalent which usually takes place late spring early summer.

So last night, i went out to Sanlitun's 3.3 (local shopping mall) for manicure/pedicure and it started pouring cats and dogs!! All the shops were closed by the time i was done, i couldn't get any umbrellas and there were like a million people waiting for cabs along the street. I called les to lament and surprisingly he offered to come pick me, AND he was having a beer when i called! so i was doubly touched.

When he arrived at 3.3, there were hoards of people rushing to the cab Les was in, assuming he was gonna get off.

This is a typical cab-fight scene in china:
Ang moh girl to her angmoh friend: Man i'm so ready to hop on that cab right now.
(i went infront of them and reached for the door handle)
Angmoh girl to me: Oh wait i don't think so...
(she and her friend rushed towards me and wanted to fight for the cab)
Me: Sorry ladies, my husband came to pick me.
(I hopped on the cab, feeling super "lawak")

My mom used to complain that when she was pregnant with us, she'd have funny cravings in the middle of the night and dad never once went out to buy supper for her. So i was extrememly grateful and proud that i have a loving husband who'd come to my rescue over such a small matter, i wasn't pregnant, or vomitting, or green in the face. I promise not to abuse it!!
*******************************************************
Here's a picture of the Santa Fe workers moving stuff from 2nd floor to 1st floor. So clever and efficient!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I also used Sante Fe when i moved...frivo trivia...heheh