Thursday 16 April 2009

Dreams (when sleeping)

I've always dreamt alot since i was a kid. Like ridiculously alot. I hardly get dreamless nights. And they are usually vivid and very detailed.

Name every kind of dream u've had. I've had them all. Teeth dropping, pple dying, snakes, me flying, me swimming...

Some dreams are recurring, some are thematic.

When i was going through school, i used to get very scary gripping dreams. Very often they were better quality than blockbuster films, equipped with stereo and 3D effects. I later found out tht the dreams were a figment of my stress. I'm one of those who hates writing papers and taking tests. When i bid farewell to school and examinations, my crazy dreams went along with it.

Then before i got married, i had a gazillion wedding dreams. Things would screw up badly, my hair would be undone, i'd forget to cater food for the church wedding, and i'm even embarrassed to say tht some dreams involved Mountain man going too wild on his stag night. I know i have very WILD imagination.

Given that pregnancy is ONE of the strongest most powerful experience a woman can go through, the angel which bestows dreams upon us did not spare me. But the dreams are more light hearted these days. I often dream about eating a particular type of food tht i've been missing, but in ridiculous amounts until i feel guilty (yes, i have a conscience even when asleep).

Last night, i had another funny one.

So i gave birth. The baby girl is so so so so incredibly cute. The babies in my dream are always cute, and 70% of the time a girl. I can't explain it. Anyway, this one takes the cake, she's so cute tht she's even born with a perfect cleopatra hairstyle. Then i tried to breastfeed but i had no milk, so the "helpers" in my dream fed the baby formula. But even then i couldn't satisfy her hunger, i had no choice but to feed her vegetable and egg cooked with spring onions.

It's not the first time i dreamt of the baby feeding, so i googled and found some interpretations online. The answers made me laugh:

To see or feed baby food in your dream, indicates that nurturance and care is needed in a waking situation. Alternatively, the dream may be a metaphor to indicate that you need to eat smaller portions of food.

HAhahaha... shite i need to eat less.

3 comments:

Narelle said...

I dreamt of snake when I was pregnant with Narelle. Thought it was not good for the baby as it was a rat year. So I searched through the internet. And there were so many answers...I think it's the stress that we get during pregnancy...too much worries and expectations...Maybe you should just relax and enjoy!

Ada.Ada.Aja said...

hmm... i do wonder how much you've been eating now......

lovexiaolongbao said...

Narelle> dreaming is part of me already, i don't know how to not dream. I'm not very stressed in my waking hours actually, except those times when i have to take a test. But i've kinda made peace with my dreams and don't read too much into it. just laugh it off in the morning la! haha.

AAA> uhm... a bit more than usual? i don't eat more during the main meals, but i eat in between.