Monday 13 April 2009

Pregnancy: the beginning...

When did u find out u were knocked up?
January 4th 2009. My very punctual "best friend" was late by 3 days, so i got worried and wondered if she was alright. Then I found out tht she won't be visiting for the next 36 weeks.

What was ur first reaction?
The line on the test kit was faint. I wondered if my eyes were fooling me. I wondered if the test was faulty. Suddenly pregnant symptoms befell upon me. I was giddy, i wanted to puke, i became hungry, and i started to forget wht i was doing... I pulled myself together and called Mountain Man. It wasn't how i'd imagine breaking the news to him but i did anyway.

So what was Mountain Man's reaction?
He said, huh? really? let's test again in a few days.
A few days later the line appeared again. His first words to me were, "congrats". Then i told him, "what do u mean congrats! like the baby is not urs!". Once we got over the shock, we were of course thrilled to be having this baby...

Did u plan for this baby?
KIND OF.

What do u mean KIND OF?
We wanted a child. Decided to go sans contraceptive cos we figured tht it's pretty difficult to get pregnant these days. A woman is only fertile for a mere 4 days of her 28 day cycle. Plus we're both "highly stressed" individuals, getting pregnant shouldn't be too easy. But skali, who knows tht mountain man despite his "old age", still has viable turbo-like sperms tht penetrated my willing egg.

So just like that, 2 become 1.

What was your 1st trimester like?
I am mild compared to my mother and sister who had symptoms for 9 months. I even went to Paris for a holiday in my 7th-8th week. Tht's supposedly the time i am not allowed to travel.

HOWEVER, now i cannot stand anything related to Paris or french. I don't even like Balenciaga tht much anymore. Don't speak it in front of me, don't make me eat angmoh food. It reminds me of my trip there and my nausea comes back.

Pregnant brain: fact or myth?
I was already clumsy and blur to begin with. But i am a little more these days... i can drop food on my shirt 20 minutes into wearing it.

Cravings?
Except for european food (includes Italian, French and Mediterranean), plant an image in my head and i'll be craving it. i saw someone eat a cheeseburger last night and i've been thinking about it since.

How's the expectant father doing?
Definitely a keeper. He buys me nutritious snacks, stops me from eating too much junk, reads all the baby books, and plays drums for the baby. I like it when he rubs my belly and puts his ear against it. He hasn't done tht many food runs (yet) , but he did once dash to the supermarket in 1 degree weather just to get me watermelons. And he also bought me a holiday!

So are u delivering in beijing?
Yep. It makes sense. Going back to singapore would mean tht i'd have to take alot leave. And Mountain Man won't be around for a good part of my third trimester. I don't think i want him to miss any part of it. Medical care is decent. Everything is in mandarin tho.

Final question, are u going to be raising ur child in Beijing then?
Yes for now. But we worry tht Tamagotchi may not be able to learn hokkien. When he go army, he may kenna F upside down and still go, Ni Shuo She Me? Tht reminds me of this recent Mr brown podcast i heard. It's super funny! click here to listen.

6 comments:

Narelle said...

Congrats!Enjoy your food by eating as much as you can now. Shop as much as you can now:)

judebabe said...

haha!

I too hated the YSL MUSE I got when I was feeling pretty sick.

I used to that bag to help me puke twice when I overate and couldn't digest!

judebabe said...

And Dp learns his singlish from mrbrown's podcasts.

phathoe said...

Hey you! Congrats on Dylan!
You don't like Balenciaga now?!?!
Oh no!!! I just got a new one.

How is your pregnancy coming along?

lovexiaolongbao said...

thanks Narelle!

Judebabe> Yeah i don't quite like the bouton D'or twiggy i bought in Paris anymore. maybe i'll get over it once the pregnancy is over. =(

Phathoe> hey! wht did u get?? pregnancy is good. but i think i'm eating tooo much.

Phathoe said...

Hey you!
I got an 09 Officier PT GSH. Its really nice. I love it! It was my 2 year wedding anni pressie.
Eating is good. I ate a lot too during pregnancy. I gained about 35 pounds and still have some left. LOL. Don't worry. Your tamagotchi needs the nutrients but just remember DON'T EAT RAW STUFF!!! Just enjoy eating and the pregnancy. The next thing you know it, tamagotchi will be here. My little boy will be 20 months in a week. He's so big now! What's another way I can contact you other than here? I would like to send you some pics of my DD.
Watch out for feet swelling when it gets warmer. It just happens overnight, the feet is just double the size.
Send me your contact info on purse forum!!

Love,
K