Thursday 2 April 2009

What's the magic number?

I keep getting asked "how many kids are u planning to have?". Initially my answer was 2, then i had an epiphany. I'm number 3 in the family, if my mom stopped at 2 i wouldn't be here. And U know wht they say... third time's a charm.

That's besides the point of course...

I enjoyed growing up with 2 other siblings. I have "fond" memories of our childhood, particularly this time when my front tooth was shaking and i refused to have it removed. No to dentists, no to anyone who dares to even touch my jaw. My brother decided to take matters into his own hands and hatched an evil plan with my sister. They both chased me round the house (Down from 2nd floor through the front door round the garden into the back door and back to the living room, i run fast), and when i was finally in their possession, my sister pinned me down and my brother punched me till the front tooth came out. I cried and cried of course, i was only 7. Subsequently over the years, my brother became my chief tooth-pullouter. It's wht our relationship was built upon.

of course, other than inflicting physical pain, both my siblings played a big part in my life. Us 3 didn't grow up with doting parents who showered 24h-7 TLC. But we've managed to grow up in each other's company. My sister was the caregiver. She made sure i did my homework, passed my tests, had nice clothes to wear. We share alot even till today, she was a wonderful playmate. My brother on the other hand imparted street wisdom in his rowdy rough ways. He plagued me with all sorts of pranks until i knew how to run when i saw danger. He often told me off and made me realise how i saw myself was not how others saw me- ie i may think i'm great but others actually think i'm a twat.

Mountain man has a brother whom i know he shares a close bond with. Heck they were the formidable duo Superman and Spiderman. They even gave each other endearing names like Tekka Di and Lester Dua Bui De. I'm sure Mountain Man wouldn't mind a Wonderwoman or perhaps Dua Kah Soh (bless her) in their repertoire.

So if u ask me again, i want 3, not 2. I want 2 with very close age gap, and a little one (like me) many years down the road to accompany me when the older 2 grow up.

i know it's still way to early to start thinking about Number 2 and 3 when i'm barely at 0.5. but tht's the plan...

PS: i can't wait to meet tamagotchi again tomorrow (via ultrasound). I hope tamagotchi flashes his/her private parts at us!

3 comments:

Corsage@A Dollop Of Me said...

Before I got pregnant, I used to say I wanted 4. But the 1st trimester has scared me so now my answer is 'one first'. Hehe. But I do think 3 is a nice number too. 2 is just too few, as learnt from personal experience.

lovexiaolongbao said...

corsage> woah! 4!!! i think pregnancy is the easy part. the hard part is the week after birth, tht's wht i've been told.

Little Miss Snooze said...

Am I the only one who only wants 1? I just want to give him all my love and attention...

My family make is the same as you...2 of us and then pop, another one many many years later to add more colour to our family.