Thursday 28 October 2010

The case of the missing SD card

Remember how i said i couldn't find the SD card containing all the pictures of my in-laws visit right before my camera went kaput? I had been pretty upset about losing it because i took some pretty nice pictures which i intended to develop.

Before i continue with my story let me digress a bit. Mountain Boy loves to play with the door access cards, he knows how to tap the card on the lift and open the door with it, the only
thing that'd make him let go of the access card is if someone opens the fridge freezer door. So not surprisingly, i found not one but 2 access cards in the freezer compartment a couple of days ago. The culprit is obvious.

Sometimes i also find his toys stashed in grocery cupboards, or random things in random places.

So back to the missing SD card. Both Mountain Man and I were SO SURE that Mountain Boy hid the SD card somewhere. I looked in the fridge, the medicine cabinet, grocery cupboards, i dug through all his regular hiding places and NO SD CARD. Suddenly this morning one piece of memory came back to me. Maybe i did attempt to develop the photos but didn't actually do it so i rummaged through the million handbags i have and i DID find the SD card. So it's my bad and i blamed it all on Mountain Boy. whooops....Adults make mistakes too right.

Anyway here are some choice pictures in random order.

These gigantic gourds hung off the walls of the Mutianyu Beigou Village.

This one made me laugh.

We made it to the Mutianyu Great Wall of China. Getting there was by no means easy for either of us. You don't just take a car and then set foot on the Great Wall straight away, there's a million steps of vertical climb before we get to the cable car ride that takes us to the entrance of the Great Wall.

Evidence of overcoming the fear of heights...

To the top-right, you'll see how crowded the entrance to the great wall is.


The Great Wall from afar. I did something to the colour because the shadows bothered me.

The picture of the trip. I think my in-laws travelled all the way to Beijing just to take this one so luckily i found the SD card.

No comments: