Tuesday 21 October 2008

10 things i hate about you...

  1. Getting here is a pain. Travel 2 hrs prior to flight, 2 hr flight, 1 hr to check out and 1 more hour journey home. 6 hrs of my life is gone, and i leave behind a huge carbon print.
  2. Sleepless nights- i hate insomnia, having one right now.
  3. Under equipped hotel rooms, No hairdryer, no dvd player...
  4. Overworked and overstressed- back to back meetings, short turnover for delivery of work. And i don't know why i don't get any briefs from my beijing colleagues when i am ACTUALLY in beijing, i only get briefs when i am here.
  5. Reminds me of my episode last month (when i got really really sick all alone)
  6. Too much shopping (it's a bad thing if u wanna quit).
  7. No food options for lunch. I love Element Fresh to bits, but i can't eat it twice a day for 10 days straight.
  8. Selfishness of people here...
  9. No social life (Except jackson but he can't hang out with me 24/7 right)
  10. Mountain man ain't here

I am a convert. I like beijing more than i do shanghai now. It's amazing how much a city can affect you. SH- known to be the hub of businesses boasts a metropolitan lifestyle, everyone is more educated, more savvy, know-all and inevitably also more stuck-up. We're foreigners sure, but this city can consume u without u realising it, especially when u're far away from home, which means no ones watching.

Beijing on the other hand is relaxed. very suitable for people like me who cannot take stress. go with the flow. Gee i wish i was back home now. 10 days to go...

2 comments:

karma chameleon said...

I hope I get to that level too - of actually liking & missing Beijing when I'm away!. Like i've said, it's much better than it was 1 yr ago ... so maybe just maybe i'm getting there s-l-o-w-l-y!

lovexiaolongbao said...

KC> BJ is really not a bad place. I have learnt to turn frustrations into amusement, after a while u just laugh alot.