Tuesday 14 October 2008

Replenishing the kitchen

Here's my first attempt at Pepper prawns... So spicilicous it'll make u sweat. But i'll go easy on the pepper next time... AH CHOOO!

Photobucket

Seeing Mountain man whack everything (including the shells) just makes me so happy. Of course ur husband has to finish everything you cook right, it's only polite.

But the real achievement is when i finished a bottle of soy sauce before it's expiration date! it's a big deal for an amateur cook like me.

I used to watch my grandma and my aunt cook, and i always asked them HOW MUCH soy sauce do i put, and their answer was always... "like that lor, soooooot.." and they'll pour an aga aga (rough) amount. Must say that it's an art to know exactly how much "sooooot" is. Every dash of soy sauce means that i've learnt something new in the kitchen- a new dish, an improved technique, and the concept of moderation in ingredients. But before that, one must get their fair share of overly salty or extremely bland food.

I also replenished the sugar, the cornstarch and salt and pepper shakers. Next time i must delegate the pepper shakers to Mountain Man. It's no job for a lady.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like that heart-shaped plate. it's so precious!

lovexiaolongbao said...

Hey imp! i so love heart shape. I have heart-shaped bowls, plates, little saucers that i've collected over the years. they are so precious to me!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Elll...! The prawns look yummylicious! Please share with me the recipe!

karma chameleon said...

I think I need to learn some cooking from you so I can feed Michael :P

lovexiaolongbao said...

come over to my place when i'm back, we can both cook together. it's fun! we can have jiaozi party. tee hee...