Monday 28 July 2008

Scuba scuba scuba...

I am not called beach girl for nothing. Water is more my element than land is. I can't climb the great wall, but i can go deep into the ocean, no problem. I used to be an avid diver, i went on diving trips at least every quarter for 2 years, whether it's nearby in Malaysia, or a place 27 hours away by road, then air, then sea ( taking up to 3 different types of boats).

Something triggered my sudden need to scuba dive again. I was looking through a friend's Open Water Course photos, and i was reminded of how much fun it was learning how to dive. It's like... Hey, God made other things other than chicken and beef! Curiosity and a sense of adventure led me to advance in diving even tho i was quite a "kambing" (a term often used on newbies who kinda act stupid and panicky underwater).

The addiction is really the high of seeing magnificent creatures. Whether its the size of ur fingernail, or the size of ur bedroom... One can also get much closer to a shark than a lion. I used to pray before i dived (dove, whtever), for safety and also for God to show me his wonderful creation. Every creature is intricately created to survive, made to be part of a bigger system, they're part of a plan, not a coincidence.


Alot of people may think it's unsafe to dive... well, i m more likely to fall off the greatwall frankly. I won't say diving doesn't come without it's dangers, but as long as u dive with the mentality to live another day, always be conscious of what's around u, don't cheong all the way, don't put urs and other's life at risk, 99% of accidents are preventable.
Now get pass all that... and this is what u'll get to see. A manta ray, largest of the ray family (can get as big as 7.8m wingspan), but eats only plankton. Photo was taken at Irian Jaya by Felix tan- fellow dive kaki.

No comments: