Monday 15 September 2008

14 Sep 2008

After being rained out the day before, I was determined not to let the drizzles spoil my long weekend. So i started the day really early (930am) and made my way to Taikang Rd for an early brunch. Not wanting to seem pathetic cos i was alone, I settled for Bohemia, a nice little quaint cafe that was completely deserted. Perfect.


Brunch was a simple cuppa long black and toast with vegemite and strawberry jam.



I was delighted to find a "trade a book" corner. Bless the expats who had the sense to donate pass issues of my favourite magazine titles, so there i was, enjoying time alone, catching up on outdated celeb gossips. There was this very funny page on Celeb Daft Quotes. It made me laugh so hard....
Number 5 was the best.
"I was in History class and the teacher said to raise your hand if you know the continents. I raised my hand and said A,E,I,O, U. And the teacher replied, "Those aren't even consonants, they are vowels!".
Jessica Simpson

1.5 hrs flew by and the sun came up! Yipeee!

So i made my way to the Fabric Market (399 Lujiabang Rd, Shanghai Mian Liao Shi Chang) feeling all inspired to make new clothes! I love the fabric market. But I never dare to ask the tailors to make me anything from scratch cos it can go really bad, so i always bring along samples of items i like and just duplicate them like crazy. It's China afterall, no originality, but very good at copying!

I made myself 2 maxi dresses- I am crazy about them and it's so cheap. I already made 3 beforehand and i still want more So i super can't wait to collect the new dresses.

IMP> if u're reading, i took this picture for u. Familiar?


After that i went to H&M along Huai Hai Rd to do more damage. I was there for close to 4 hrs! Super crowded...
As if my day wasn't exciting enough, I also met up with my favourite cousin AAA! That was really my highlight of the day. We went to do MORE SHOPPING at Star Place, she bought LOADS of stuff, i'm sure she'll parade them on her blog soon. And we had a very nice catch-up over Sheng Jian Bao at Bao Luo. And then crepes for desert at La Creperie.
AAA> I'll miss u after tonight. It was fun hanging out, pls come back to China, it's not such a bad place. Bei Jing Huan Ying Ni! And post pictures soon, but remember to crop out my chubby thighs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOH! very familiar! and i like that dress with the white background and (leafy?) prints!

hehehe. most of the stocks at far east plaza come from shenzhen!

Anonymous said...

tat's it. I'm gng Shenzhen. Sooo inspired! :)

- hobomobo

lovexiaolongbao said...

imp & Hobomobo> in SH u can pick any cloth u want and make the damn thing in one day!

Anonymous said...

Din realise it only takes a day!

The last time i was in SH, I could have done it for 10 days straight...

wow.

lovexiaolongbao said...

saf> if u hurry them 1 day can already... But then u cannot say u going back to Singapore tomorrow, and then u come back 3 days later and use the same trick la.

Unknown said...

Elll.... you mean you can tailor clothes in China easily? I want to do that If I can too! maybe i shd find a tailor here. i have been wanting to tailor, but here so leceh... v. long and tedious..