Saturday 27 September 2008

the story of my Burberrys bag

There was once a man named Herman Antakusuma. Mr Antakusuma wasn't much of a shopper, and he believed in quality over quantity. All his life, he had 1 rolex watch, 2 wallets (Louis Vuiton for credit cards, Bally for cash, and he puts them in different pockets in case someone tries to pick-pocket him), 1 Bally belt, one pair of Bally shoes. AND he wore them for YEARS and YEARS and YEARS...

After he passed away 5 years ago, I don't have anything to remember him by, not even photographs cos they were all left behind when i moved to China. Except this old vintage Burberrys postman bag. So everytime i look at it, this small part of me feels connected to him again. As this is made of cloth, i only wear it on very rare occasions cos i am so afraid of dirtying it.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

imp said...

it's a lovely vintage. one of those classics that burberry is known for. not the current crap.

lovexiaolongbao said...

i agree imp! there's nothing like this now i'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Dropping by to say a big 'hi' and i love the vintage touch of the bag and the memories behind it. I think we're all daddy's girl :)

Unknown said...

Ell... this bag of dad's came with a bigger luggage for traveling. I was the one who handed this smaller bag to you, remember? Initially I used it for school bag, I shortened the strap to make it look more 'hip'. Glad you have something in memory of dad.. I often think of papie esp when I was pregnant with Mischa. I think thats why she resembles him so much when she was born.

lovexiaolongbao said...

nuttyjas> Hello! welcome to my blog!

Jie> Yes i remember u shortened it. U kept it in such good condition! Cha really looked like dad when she was born, but now cha looks like her daddy and mommy.