Saturday 8 August 2009

Dentist chair

One of the happiest moments in life, apart from giving birth, getting married, n being given a huge diamond ring, has to be the moment right after completing a routine dental check-up. When the dentist declares my pearly whites fit to chomp on for another six months. Haaalleeeeluuujaaah...

I am dentaphobic, have been since i was 7. I blame it on my pr school dental nurse. She fixed so many of my cavities at one go without anaesthesia, n she told me tht i had to attend a boot camp to brush my teeth 247 if i wasn't diligent in keeping my teeth clean. Tht left such a huge psychological scar tht i hardly went to the dentist since graduation. The longer the length between each visit, the longer (n more painful) each visit is.
Mountain man on the other hand loves going to the dentist for some psychotic reason. But its One more reason to love him cos ever since i met him, he's forced me to keep my half yearly appts diligently. And true enough, each visit is becoming more n more pleasant! Hee hee. *flashes her healthy pearlies*

7 comments:

Corsage@A Dollop Of Me said...

Dentists! *runs and hides* I have serious phobia too. Started at my very first dental visit when the stoopid nurse or doc (can't rem) threatened to ask my dad (who took me there) to leave if I cried. But I have been having a slight ache on my left cheek - looks like I'll have to brave a visit before Bubbles pop :(((

lovexiaolongbao said...

i know. why were those dentists so mean... but i think tht has changed now.

h o b o m o b o said...

It struck a chord there. The dental nurses stationed in schools are worse!

Everytime the nurse comes by to call us out for dental check, you can see the fear in everybody's eyes.

Pebbles said...

I have serious dental phobia too! And yes, its that stupid people that they send us, during primary school. God knows what they did, which made my whole mouth bleed like crazy! Hiaks!

Unknown said...

good for you!! (3 cheers to Mountain Man!)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lovexiaolongbao said...

hbmb/pebbles> seems like we've all got horror stories!!

Aloha> are u a dentist?