Monday 17 August 2009

Sleep tight my baby..

Some months ago, i started a project... I've been planning, thinking, wondering, anticipating.... I am happy to reveal that the project has now been completed. And i am SOOO happy i went through all the trouble (or rather, i made people go through the trouble for me).

It all started when i wasn't quite happy with the plain white cot we got from ikea. And because we're renting a place, there's not much "nesting" to do. So the only way to do something really special for T was to create mini-projects like the beansprout pillow, and this cot over here!
So i hereby present T's very own customised cot, hand-painted by aunt Gingerblossom.
Isn't it lovely!? Now i can say that T's cot is one of kind! The clouds and the moon and the stars are just perfect for a peaceful night of sleep. I also like it cos it's simple and elegant and cute at the same time. My bumper and sheets are plain so this will add a nice splash of creativity. Best part is it's also unisex so number 2 can still use it. Art direction completely left up to Gingerblossom.
This cheerie moon brings a smile to my face. Call me crazy but I feel like running home to stare at my cot now.
Can u see the cute yellow stars on the poles?


Mountain man bought the paint from Singapore's SPOTLIGHT. It's non-toxic so it's baby safe.
Thank you so much Gingerblossom (plus hubby) and Mountain man who went through so much to put this together!

4 comments:

yAnn said...

Hey this is really gorgeous. :)
Your friend did a great job!
yay, cannot wait to see Dylan...soon!

Corsage@A Dollop Of Me said...

Fantastic idea! And very very nicely done :) A very nice gift for Dylan!

lovexiaolongbao said...

Yann> yeah. my dream cot. hehe.

Corsage> I hope he'll sleep well in it! after all the trouble.

Gingerblossom said...

you're welcome :) was super fun to do. Glad it turned out well.