Thursday 13 August 2009

NOKIA RANT

I've decided to buy a Nokia phone for the first time in 10 years. It was fun at first, but i gotta say that i'm slightly disappointed. NO i'm VERY disappointed.

My phone for some weird reason CANNOT input chinese characters. I've spent almost 2 days trying to figure out what was wrong. I jumped through various hoops and still NOTHING.

The nokia website is totally buggy and slow. And the nokia care centre customer service is not only unhelpful, she made things worse! She basically made me RESTORE my factory settings for no rhyme or reason- ie i have to freaking reinstall my personal emails (this is not a big deal) but also my office mail which is so arduous cos company IT has to get permission etc etc etc...Now i have to redownload all my applications- which is still faster than using PC suite to back up the infomation.

Tht still leaves me the problem- how do i input chinese characters? it doesn't make sense that a 100dollar phone can do it and a phone 10 times the price can't!!!!!!!



Search. browse and book your hotels and flights through Yahoo! Travel

4 comments:

lovexiaolongbao said...

after 2 days, i figured it out.

The language setting of the phone (i don't mean writing input) needs to be ENGLISH. Mine was set under "AUTOMATIC". Why couldn't the customer service just tell me tht!!!

Pebbles said...

wahaha!

imp said...

oh DAMN. that's bloody annoying. the customer service is USELESS! you're so much better off on your own. GRRR> they put you through all the trouble and heartache.

lovexiaolongbao said...

Imp> yah. Bad customer service reallly ticks me off baaaad..