Monday 24 August 2009

Discovering Maternal Love

I was about to take a shower n i caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror. My body has changed, not in a good way i think. The angry red stretch marks are eating up my lower belly, i wondered if i can ever wear these scars proudly. I hopped into the shower quickly, looking away from the reflection cos these days theres even less to 'admire'.
As i was soaping myself, i looked down n i spoke to T. I told him to be healthy n it'll all be worth it.

Suddenly, i felt a new feeling, something quite unlike anything i've experience. Its powerful and amazing. 37 weeks into my pregnancy, I think i've just stumbled upon maternal love.

5 comments:

h o b o m o b o said...

haha. You must be really tall cos your feet looked very small from this angle!

Little Miss Snooze said...

Can still see your feet!

judebabe said...

my red stretch mark appeared suddenly from nowhere...
hope they stay red... hehe!
at least it will go away easier.

lovexiaolongbao said...

hobomobo> somehow it looks small from the picture.

LMS> barely! i had to lean forward a bit to take the picture. haha.

Jude> red ones go away?????

heats68 said...

wow! your feet look so far away! It looks like a balloon with feet(Mark said)