Wednesday 17 June 2009

Cracked heels and cracked nail

Wearing too many uncovered shoes had really taken a toll on my heels. They were so badly cracked tht the pedicurist had to spend almost 10 minutes exfoliating each heel. Now they are finally nice and smooth again.

To prevent further cracking, i was advised to apply a moisturing treatment (basically any rich moisturiser) and bundle it in cling wrap for 1 hr.



And this is no cracked nail. I was intrigued by this new polish i had to try it on. It's 2 layers... A bottom gold layer, and a top white(or black, blue, red, pink) layer which cracks to reveal the bottom gold layer. And if u wish, u can apply a sparkly topcoat. Despite the many layers, it dries in 5 minutes! cool!

5 comments:

Corsage@A Dollop Of Me said...

That's one cool nail polish! Did you get it professionally done? I find I can't take the smell now though, so am only doing pedicures.

lovexiaolongbao said...

the cracked nailpolish (actually i only tried on one nail) and the sparkles on my toes r professionally done. but the treatment is DIY.

I try not to breathe in too much of it! lazy to do manicures now actually, but i think pedis are essential.

Daphne said...

frankly...that's kinda scary! aargh. *goosebumps*

lovexiaolongbao said...

daphne> it's nicer IRL. but u're right, it's not everyone's cup of tea! haha.

judebabe said...

Been avoiding mani & pedi as people ard me gives me looks like I am doing harm to my baby.

but i did an acrylic on my toenails anyway, coz it last longer and its less obvious. :p

I am now so tempted to do pedi again! haha!

Pedi is a Must in SUMMER esp with all the uncovered shoes you r wearing.